FOOD, WINE AND ART IN PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY
In 2017, Canada celebrates 150 years as a nation and Travelling Chicken would like to show you the most beautiful places of Eastern Canada! Join the party and celebrate #Canada150 with us - Canada is THE place to be in 2017!
Prince Edward County is the Southern Ontario gem just two hours east of Toronto and offers up a flurry of to-dos and November is Countylicious time - celebration of culinary experiences in Prince Edward County.
Prince Edward County is home of the Arts Trail & Taste Trail. Both trails wind throughout the island featuring unique members of art, food and wine communities.
We will visit 2 local wineries, art gallery and we will finish our trip with dinner at The Hubb Eatery and Lounge.
The County has been hailed as “The gastronomic Capital of Ontario” by The Globe and Mail. Countylicious is your chance to experience some of Prince Edward County’s best dining experiences, explore new restaurants, or re-visit old favourites.
What's on the menu?
- southern fried quail, cast iron cornbread, coriander honey
- winter salad, cellared roots, cippollini, almonds, mead vin, blood orange
- venison tartare, shaved foie gras, pomegranate, pickled cremini quebecois split pea & smoked ham hock potage
- charred octopus, hagermans squash & pepper stew, pancetta, preserved lemon
- smoked lamb ribs, fennel confit, real grits, apple–jalapeno vin.
- hand made cavatelli, lobster bisque, shrooms, walnuts, ricotta, swiss chard
- duck porchetta for 2 - $80
- rye berry & caraway salad, chestnut-truffle emulsion, charred brussels, cranberry vinaigrette
- macintosh apple galette, cheddar cheese ice cream, walnut -rosemary streusel
- salted caramel affogato
- pumpkin pie dilly bar, ginger snap crumb
- seasonal sorbetto
Dufferin Mall pick up, Meeting is in front of the Beer Store
York Mills pick up. Meeting in front of Starbucks.
MTO Carpool Lot at Hwy 401 & Brock St. South
1.30 am - 2.30 pm
Wellington Lunch and sightseeing
2.30 pm - 3.30 pm
Sandbanks Winery and Wine Tasting
4.00 pm - 5 pm
5 pm - 5.30 pm
Huff Estate Winery Wine Tasting
5.30 pm - 6.15 pm
6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
The Hubb Eatery and Lounge dinner
Please note that arrival time back to Toronto can be changed depending on traffic situation, weather conditions etc. Please plan your day around this time of arrival.
What to take with you?
• Rain Jacket or umbrella
This is a 1-day trip.
Where to meet?
10.00 am Dufferin Mall in fron of Beer Store
10.30 am at York Mills subway station in front of Starbucks
11.00 am MTO Carpool Lot at Hwy 401 & Brock St. South
Dinner and bottle of water
PRICE $159pp plus tax
Return transport from Toronto by 12 seat van or minivan
2 wineries visit and wine samples
Art gallery visit
Wellington and Bloomfield Sightseeing
Lunch and snacks