DOG SLEDDING AND SNOWSHOEING
In 2017, Canada celebrates 150 years as a nation and Travelling Chicken would like to show you the most beautiful places of Eastern Canada! Join the party and celebrate #Canada150 with us - Canada is THE place to be in 2017!
Join us on our trip to Northern Ontario where there is always lot of snow and scratch some winter experiences off your bucket list! We will take you dog sledding and snowshoeing – two truly Canadian activities in one package!
Our first stop will be in Sundridge Ontario, home of Ed Schmidt.
He will teach you how to dog sled and take you on his private trails. Why we do love Ed? He takes care of his dogs and treats them well; he loves to accommodate small groups so you will have his full attention. Ed owns private trails so we will be the only ones in the forest!
We will be devided into three groups and will take turns in dog sledding and snowshoeing. Snowshoeing is a form of hiking. Snowshoes work by distributing the weight of the person over a larger area so that the person's foot does not sink completely into the snow, a quality called "flotation".
If you will feel too cold you can always warm up by the campfire. Hot lunch is included and you can also try roast marshmallows over the campfire while you will be sipping hot chocolate after the lunch.
This is a 1-day trip.
Where to meet?
6.30 am Dufferin Mall in front of the Beer store
7.00 am York Mills in front of Starbucks
7.30 am Carpool lot HWY 400 and King Rd. - King City
Why travel with us?
We travel in small groups by comfortable cars (12 seat van or minivan)
You are our friend not just a client
Local experience - we try to meet with local people on our trips (local guides, accommodation)
You have freedom on our trips and you can always suggest what you want to see or where you want to eat
Memories - we take lot of pictures on our trips and you can find them on our Facebook page at anytime
We require the full amount to be paid via e-transfer, credit card or cash before the trip.
You may pay $50 deposit at the time of your booking however the remaining balance must be paid 30 days before the trip.
DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE!
Credit Card: https://travellingchicken.checkfront.com/reserve/?date=20171028
E-transfer: send payment to
Cash: Please call 647 625 9033 to set up meeting
What to pack?
1. SCARF OR NECKWARMER, very nice to have on a cold or windy day.
2. EARMUFFS OR HEADBAND, not a substitute for a warm hat, but good to have on a warmer day.
3. GOGGLES OR SUNGLASSES, to keep sun and blowing snow from blinding you.
4. HANDKERCHIEF OR TISSUES, for your runny nose, or to clean up spilt soup.
5. LIP BALM, keep your lips from cracking.
6. THROAT LOZENGES, you may have to shout a lot, to your team, or to be heard over top of barking dogs.
7. HANDWARMERS, great for keeping hands and feet warm, but they take time and oxygen to start working so be sure to activate them at least 20 minutes before you put them in your boots or mittens.
8. CAMERA, of course you will want photos of all your friends, kids, or spouses’ spectacular wipeouts. PRO TIP: keep your electronics warm with handwarmers or by keeping them close to your body. Batteries hate the cold!
9. WARM CLOTH - Warm pants, jacket, sweater, mittens, hat, boots, socks.
We can organize private tours for any group sizes (solo travellers are welcome). You can choose 2 hours, half day, full day or overnight dog sledding package. And you can also combine dog sledding with snowshoeing, snow tubing or ice skating. Send us inquiry here.
PRICE $239pp plus tax
Return transport from Toronto by 12-seat-van or minivan
2 hours of dog sledding including instruction lesson (1 hour on the trail, total time 2 hours with set up and instruction)
Guided snowshoeing and snowshoe rental
Lunch package - Meat or veggie chilli, snack
Roasting marshmallows over the campfire