Join us on a day tour to Muskoka. Muskoka’s trail network covers some 4000 sq kms of rugged terrain. Vast forests of spruce, pine, poplar, tamarack, balsam and birch are easily accessible by some of Ontario’s best hiking trail systems. Many trails lead to panoramic lookout points where sightseers and photographers can enjoy stunning scenic vistas.
We will start our day at Huckleberry Rock Lookout Trail. Huckleberry Rock has been well known locally for over 100 years as a scenic lookout. These rocks are some of the oldest rock in the world, well over a billion years old!
We will stop at Cranberry Johnston Farm for lunch break and short hike. You can visit farm shop and check all the cranberry products and wine.
Our next stop will be at Hardy Lake Provincial Park. The park has a rich community of Atlantic coastal plain species. These species are here because at one time, much of present day Ontario was submerged beneath numerous glacial and post-glacial lakes. When the ancient Lake Algonquin receded, it left a remnant community of Atlantic Ocean shoreline plants behind. The park also contains an inland section of displaced Georgian Bay shoreline.
8.00 am - Dufferin Mall (Meeting is in front of the Beer Store)
8.30 am - York Mills Subway Station (Meeting is in front of Starbucks)
Why travel with us?
• We travel in small groups by comfortable cars (12 seat van or minivan)
• You are our friend not just a client
• Local experience - we meet with local people on our trips (local guides, accommodation)
• You have freedom on our trips and you can always suggest what you want to see or where you want to eat
• Memories - we take lot of pictures on our trips and you can find them on our Facebook page at anytime
PRICE $129pp plus tax
Return transport from Toronto by 12 seat van or minivan
Water, Granola Bar