WATERFALLS HIKING AND WINE TASTING
Join us on our day trip to visit beautiful watefalls in Hamilton Area and taste some local Ontario wine.
Ball's Falls, Ontario, also known as Balls Mills, Louthe Mills and Glen Elgin, is a historical ghost town located in what is now a part of Jordan in the Niagara region which dates back to the early 19th century. It is now preserved as a conservation area operated by the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority.
There are two waterfalls on Twenty Mile Creek. The upper falls are 35 feet high, and the lower falls are 90 feet high.
Our next stop will be at Sue-Ann Staff winery where you can sample 3 table wines and ice wine and you can bring your wine glass home as a souvenir!
We will drive to Tiffany Falls after wine tasting. Tiffany Falls Conservation Area is considered a significant natural area. Its bedrock exposures are considered an Earth Science Area of Regional Significance. The central feature of the conservation area is the two waterfalls within it, Tiffany Falls and Washboard Falls, formed by Tiffany Creek.The forest area is made up of Eastern Hemlock, Sugar Maple, Red Oak, American Beech, White Ash, Basswood, Black Walnut, Hawthorn, Butternut and White Elm. There are also old field areas and tall shrub thickets.
Our last stop will be at Sherman Falls. Farah Falls is a 17-metre-high curtain waterfall found in Ancaster Heights, the western end of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The watercourse is Ancaster Creek. Alternative names for the Sherman Falls include; Smith's Falls and Whitton Falls.
1) 9.00 am Dufferin Mall in front of Beer Store
2) 9.30 am York Mills Subway Station in front of Starbucks
3) 10.00 am Square One, 189 Rathburn Rd W, Mississauga,
9.00 am - Dufferin Mall (Meeting is in front of the Beer Store)
9.30 am - York Mills Subway Station (Meeting is in front of Starbucks)
11 am - 12.30 am - Ball's Falls Hiking
12.30 pm - 1 pm - Lunch
1.30 pm - 2.00 pm - Wine Tasting
3 pm - 4 pm - Tiffany Falls Hiking
4.30 pm - 5 pm - Sherman Falls Hiking
Why travel with us?
• We travel in small groups by comfortable cars (12 seat van or minivan)
• You are our friend not just a client
• Local experience - we meet with local people on our trips (local guides, accommodation)
• You have freedom on our trips and you can always suggest what you want to see or where you want to eat
• Memories - we take lot of pictures on our trips and you can find them on our Facebook page at anytime
What to take with you?
Hiking or running shoes
PRICE $105pp plus tax
Return transport from Toronto by 12 seat van or minivan
Wine tasting, wine glass
Bottle water and snack